Senior Program Coordinator
University of Washington, Box 355020
Seattle, WA 98195
- Ph.D. University of California, Santa Cruz, 2000
- B.S. R.D. Clark Honors College, University of Oregon, 1993
- Director, Co-Founder. Conservation, Research and Education Opportunities International, 2005-present
- Regional Marine Research Coordinator. Washington Sea Grant, 2006-2008
- Marine Fisheries Specialist. Washington Sea Grant, 2004-2006
- Research Associate. School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, 2001-2005
- Co-director, Co-founder. Juan Fernández Islands Conservancy, Seattle, 2001-2004
- Research Fellow. Wildlife Conservation Society, New York, 2001-2004
- Lecturer. School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences and Department of Biology, University of Washington, 2001-2003
- Biological Research Supervisor-Technician. National Marine Fisheries Service, Hawaii, May-August 1999-2000
Fautin D, Dalton P, Incze LS, Leong J-AC, Pautzke C, Rosenberg A, Sandifer P, Sedberry G, Tunnell Jr JW, Abbott I, Brainard RE, Brodeur M, Eldredge L, Feldman M, Moretzsohn F, Peter S. Vroom PS, Wainstein M, Wolff N. 2010. An overview of marine biodiversity in United States waters. PLoS ONE 5(8): e11914. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011914.
Litle, K., M. Wainstein, P. Dalton, and D. Meehan. 2009. Harnessing Citizen Science to Protect and Restore Puget Sound. Final report to the Puget Sound Partnership, July 30, 2009. Grant #200806.
Melvin, E.F., M.D. Wainstein, K. Dietrich, K. Ames, T. Geernaert and L. Conquest. 2006. The distribution of seabirds on the longline fishing grounds: Implications for seabird avoidance regulations. WSG-AS06-01, Washington Sea Grant, University of Washington. Seattle, WA.
Melvin, E.F. and M.D. Wainstein. 2006. Seabird avoidance measures for small Alaskan longline vessels. A/FP-7, Washington Sea Grant, University of Washington. Seattle, WA.
Hodum, P.J. and M.D. Wainstein. 2004, 2003, and 2002. Biology and conservation of the Juan Fernández Archipelago seabird community. Annual Reports prepared for CONAF and various funders (Chilean Forest Service).
Wainstein, M. 2000. Paternity in southern elephant seals (Mirounga leonina). PhD dissertation. University of California at Santa Cruz. 125 pp.